Functions of divisions
- Administrative Management Division
- Examination and Research Division
- Evaluation and Development Division
- Information Technology Division
The main function is to provide day-to-day management of the Education Evaluation Center, to integrate administrative, human resource and financial activities and to report the results of its activities.
• Monitor the implementation of the Government Action Plan and the main directions of the Education Development Program of Mongolia within the scope of the center’s activities, report the results to the Director of the EEC, and perform actions.
• Develop rules, regulations to be followed for internal operations as well as collaborative agreements, employment contracts and other decisions, monitor their implementation, and protect interest of the organization within the scope of the related laws.
• Receive suggestions and complaints from citizens and organizations, transfer to the relevant divisions and specialists for resolution, respond and provide legal advice.
• Provide EEC with human resource management, staff training, solve the employee social issues. Reward and charge employees on the basis of their performances.
•Develop the organization’s foreign relations, cooperation, and projects
• Maintain the financial operations of the EEC, prepare and submit financial statements to the relevant authorities, and ensure the use, storage and protection of assets.
• Inform the public on EEC activities.
Examination and Research Division is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the academic performance and quality of education at all levels in Mongolia, which is the main function of the organization. These include:
1. Organize a nationwide University Entrance Examination for university entrants
2. Organize a national assessment for quality assurance to assess the implementation of school curriculum
3. Organize external and formative examinations on academic achievement at secondary schools, universities and colleges
4. Organize special request examinations
5. To develop scientific based items for each subject aligned with the content and objectives of the University Entrance Examination and state examination and national assessment for quality assurance to create and enrich a national level Item bank.
6. Conduct the confirmation examination for the first year students entering the university phase by phase and analyze the results in relation to their learning achievement.
7. Implement and participate at the international and domestic assessments and surveys on learning achievement
8. Provide training on item development methodology and data processing softwares (SPSS, Testan, ConQuest, IRT, etc.)
9. Disseminate the updated national assessment methodology and methodology to the public through training seminars with the support of scholars, teachers, researchers and foreign partners.
Monitors and evaluates the quality of education at all levels, processes and reports statistical data, makes recommendations, and provides information to professional educational institutions, researchers, teachers, and the public.
Within the framework of the organization rules and strategic objectives, responsible for database software programming, database structure, technical and technological issues for organizing the activities of the Education Evaluation Center nationwide.Additionally, develop software for assessment result dissemination, and provide security of internal and external data and information of EEC as well as implement projects and programs aimed at ensuring management of the equipment and databases.